Calling all Fashionistas!!
For easy entry into the 2018 Slipway Hotel Ballina Cup Fashions on the Field Competition please feel free to download and print the Registration Form PDF by clicking the link below. Enter your details in the Registration section at the bottom of the second page
before the day and bring along with you. All required information is on the form. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Fashions on the Field Categories:
Fashions on the Field – Best Dressed Woman
The best dressed woman is for woman over 30 who reflect the essence of race day style and grace. Stockings are not compulsory. All competing must wear a headpiece.
Fashions on the Field – Best Dressed Man
The Best Dressed Man will be selected based on his originality, sense of style and grooming. Trouser, jacket/blazer & tie are essential.
Fashions on the Field – Best Ballina Babe
The Best Ballina Babe is a new category open to women up to 30 years of age. Style is based on innovative, style and attention to detail. Headpiece is required.
Fashions on the Field – Most Outstanding Headpiece
The Most Outstanding Headpiece is the piece that “stands out”, shows originality, of good quality workmanship and compliments their outfit.
Hats or head pieces must be appropriate for the Spring season (ie should be straw, sinamay, lace or fabric).
Slipway Hotel Ballina Cup Fashion on the Field Entry Criteria
- Entrants enter in good faith as Ballina Jockey Club provides the opportunity for participation in fashions and acknowledge without the generous support of sponsors and volunteers, the event would not take place. Entrants conduct during and after the judging is expected to be one of “fun”, and must not bring disrepute to the event, the sponsors, judges, Thoroughbred Events Australia or Ballina Jockey Club.
- Entrants must be aged 16 years or over on the day of the races. Proof of age must be presented at the time of registration if requested.
- Entrants must not receive any form of compensation from a third party for entering Fashions on the Field competition.
- Entrants may not enter the competition on behalf of a third party.
- No alteration to outfit between when chosen as a finalist and the announcement of winner. An alteration will result in disqualification.
- All finalists will be chosen based on the criteria set out below. They acknowledge that they understand and agree to abide by the criteria in order to enter Fashions on the Field competition on Ballina Cup Day.